Posted by the Fishing Sister Chicks on November 15, 2007, 8:59 pm
Greetings from the Fishing Sister Chicks of Alaska |
(aka Kate and Mary)
When we were on the river banks in the ‘Last Frontier’ this summer with our fearless (fearful, fearsome?) men, we were very busy with the following:
Making salmon fish balls, jerky, moose pepperoni and reindeer sausage
Mastering the 2 minute shower in a 2X4 cubicle every 4 days whether we needed it or not
Tanning bear hides ‘the old fashioned way’ to make doggie rain gear
Making bracelets and necklaces for the Galleria from Roger and Dennis’ prize fishing lures
Perfecting our moose calls
Training the three dogs to do their ‘daily duty’ to bear proof our campsite
Tapping the birch trees to make syrup for our homemade pancakes we prepared every morning. (FYI, it takes 4 gallons of sap to make one quart of syrup so DON’T expect to get any from us for Christmas!)
Which leads us back to the intent of this rather ridiculous message which is…
Only 40 days until Christmas and only 34 days until…
The First (and Last?) Annual La Manzanilla Christmas Tree Decorating Fiesta
All have the opportunity to participate, use your imagination and show off your talents in producing and creating your own unique Christmas tree. The decorated trees to be auctioned off to the highest bidder (silent auction) with the proceeds going to the local schools.
Date: December 11th
All trees shall be delivered at Café de Flores by 3 PM
Public viewing, appetizers, libations and silent auction from 5 PM to 8 PM
Winners announced at 8:30 PM
Of course, there are rules and regulations:
1. One to two contestants per tree
2. Creativity is a must BUT nothing live or canned on the tree
3. No outside commissioned professional services allowed
4. All trees must have a theme. For example: refrigerator magnet tree, hot air balloon tree, train tree, hula girl tree, fruit or vegetable tree. You get the picture?
5. You bet, (there is no such thing as a free lunch) there is a registration fee of $100 pesos/tree to cover our administrative costs.
6. Registration Deadline: November 30
Contact Mary at 351-5538 or Kate 351-5014
7. Any questions? Contact your local preste nombre.
|By posting, you confirm that you have read and |
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info