La Message Board Archives

banjercito car permit sticker

Posted by frances kaczoroski on October 10, 2008, 8:00 pm

Well, we're almost all packed up and ready to start our return journey to La Manz... the leaves are golden and they say it's going to start snowing on Sunday! Have to search and find my mitts and touque!

This will be our first time crossing the US/MX border, from Canada, with our FM3 status. In the past, we did the banjercito permit auto sticker (6 month auto permit). So; the question is: do we need to purchase the banjercito permit sticker this time, as FM3 holders?

Do we just show our FM3 books and drive though the border? How does this work? Any tips?

And, if you have to have this banjercito permit - you are only allowed to be with your car in Mexico for 6 months.... so; if you have FM3, and want to stay 8 months, what happens then?

I need some enlightenment here! Much appreciated, Fran.


Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by Boardhost's usage terms.


Be sure to visit