La Manzanilla Message Board

Re: banjercito car permit sticker

Posted by Willy on October 11, 2008, 12:10 am, in reply to "banjercito car permit sticker"

My understanding is that any foreign plated vehicle, regardless of your immigration status, needs a permit to travel this far south in Mexico. I think that you can drive without a permit to the southern border of Sonora but that's it.

It is also my understanding that the car permit is valid as long as your immigration status stays the same. That is, as long as your FM3 is valid your car permit is also. They will tell you at the border that the permit is good for 6 months...but we think otherwise.


Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by Boardhost's usage terms.


Be sure to visit