La Message Board Archives

vehicle legalization

Posted by David Clarke on October 15, 2008, 1:09 pm


I just found out the they are letting non mexicans legalize (get mexican plates)for vehicles 10 or more years old. The season is open till the end of December. The place to go is the Foto Geigy in Melaque. Just as you turn in the main road past the Japanese restaurant go about half a block and on the left is the tienda next to materiales melaque.

The cost is around 1700 pesos to complete the application then off to PV. Once the paperwork returns you pay the legalizatiom fee which varies by vehicle and age. Then once you get the papers you go to Chihuatland to get the plates which price varies also by vehicle and age.

She will take 4 pictures of your vehicle for 40 pesos. You need to provide a copy of both sides of title and drivers license, your import paper when you crossed the border with the vehicle, fm_3, passport and electric bill.

Not sure if it applies only to trucks I did not ask.

Her name is Clara and her phone number is 35 5 66 45

Once you have the plates they take the vehicle out of the computer at the border. You can them sell it or keep but you can then bring in another vehicle if so choose.

This option was not available last year.

She also has a 2007 Honda ATV for sale for 90,000 pesos if anyone is interested. It has 2,700 miles on it.


Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by Boardhost's usage terms.


Be sure to visit