La Message Board Archives


Posted by DIane armstrong on February 10, 2009, 11:35 am, in reply to "Re: OUR DOCTORA"

Speaking as a former fed--you taxpayers get what you deserve. If you insist on downsizing federal work force in the name of saving your tax dollars, you will get machines instead.
Here´s what you do to get people help: write to the Office of the Prime Minister, Parliament Hill, Ottawa (get the postal code from the embassy). A real letter, paper, typwritten, no email or phonecall. Point out that you are a taxpayer living in Mexico and that you have been unable to get clear answers and will the PMO pass your queries to the appropriate officers for reply ASAP.
Keep your questions short and to-the-point. Does she speak English or French? Tell why she is especially deserving. Point out that Canada has a long-standing and formal policy of assisting senior level Mexican students and that it would be highly unusual, under protocals established by the one-time Department of Employment and Immigration, to expect a student to work.
If she wants to go to B.C (although gawd knows why when you have Ontario without all those mountains cluttering up the skyline), you could also phone or email the provincial medical authorities--here you would want to get the name of a P.R. officer. There are lots of other places to get help but I hope this will start you off.
If you want me to edit your letter, I would be more than delighted: so we can meet over coffee.


Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by Boardhost's usage terms.


Be sure to visit