La Message Board Archives

vehicle, rv and trailer importation

Posted by david clarke on May 18, 2009, 12:52 pm

I know that this topic has been discussed a few times on this site and others but here I go again with some questions.

1.If one has a truck on their FM-3 visa now in the country can they also import another exactly 10 years old (1999) by paying at the border when they return. If I can import another truck can I also get a 10 year certificate for a travel trailer to bring in with the truck?

2. If I decided to drive an RV into Mexico, instead of importing a truck, can I get 10 year certificate on it and bring it in even though I have a truck on my present FM-3 visa?

I have heard that the Mexican Government now allows one to tow a vehicle with your RV so they treat the RV different than the vehicle.

The vehicle goes on your FM-T or FM-3 visa, while the RV is treated like a travel trailer and you can get the 10 or 20 year certificate for it at the border!

If so, can I bring the RV only and get the certificate since I already have a truck on my FM-3 visa in Mexico?

3. I have looked all over the Internet and have found some information but not enough definitive information to drive all the way to the border just to find out that it can not be done?

Any info or directions would be greatly appreciated!


Message Thread:

  • vehicle, rv and trailer importation - david clarke May 18, 2009, 12:52 pm
By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit