La Message Board Archives

Re: Federal Police

Posted by Jon on October 28, 2009, 11:08 pm, in reply to "Re: Federal Police"

That's a can-of-worms question. By law, you can only legalize a car that is ten years old, exactly. And you can only do it during certain ordained periods (we're talking Jalisco here of course). Not nine years old, not eleven. Are there exceptions? Pos, somos en Mexico. But don't count on it. As soon as you do get around the regulations, if your car is under ten years old, you will owe a yearly tax on the car that starts at 10% of the purchase price/value the first year and goes down one percent a year. Then you have your 10-year-old used-to-be US-plated car legally plated in Jalisco with no yearly tax. Toe dancing is slightly easier with the right ballet shoes.

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.

Be sure to visit