Christmas Tree Fiesta 2009
Posted by Mary and Kate on November 5, 2009, 1:47 pm
It's that time of year again... |
The THIRD Annual La Manzanilla Christmas Tree Decorating Fiesta at Café de Flores
All have the opportunity to participate, use your imagination and show off your talents in producing and creating your own unique Christmas tree. The decorated trees will be auctioned off to the highest bidder (silent auction) with the proceeds going to purchase and install ceiling fans for the Primary School.
Date: Thursday, December 10th
All trees shall be delivered to Café de Flores by 3 PM
Public viewing, appetizers, libations and silent auction from 5 PM to 7:30 PM
Winners announced at 8:00 PM
Of course, there are rules and regulations:
1. Only one to two contestants per tree, please
2. Creativity is a must BUT nothing live or canned on the tree
3. No outside commissioned professional services allowed
4. All trees must have a theme. For example: refrigerator magnet tree, hot air balloon tree, train tree, hula girl tree, fruit or vegetable tree. You get the picture?
5. There will be a $50 peso fee at the door for all non-participants to cover a lovely appetizer buffet and Mary's delicious eggnog! ONE Free admission per donated tree
6. We will provide covered tables for as many trees as we can. If your tree requires electricity, please bring an extension cord.
7. Please be prepared to purchase your trees that evening and take them home with you.
8. Registration Deadline: Tuesday, December 7. This is very important for us to have a successful event so that we allow for enough space & appetizers. If you do show up the night of the event with a tree to enter without prior registration, there is no free admission. Thank you in advance for your understanding and participation!!!
Contact Mary at 351-5538 or Kate 351-5014 or stop by Café de Flores after December 1.
We are looking forward to another fun filled evening! We can’t wait to see what exciting “trees” you have created this year!!
Here are some examples of past years trees:
|By posting, you confirm that you have read and |
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info