La Message Board Archives

Re: license plates

Posted by larry Litton on December 9, 2009, 12:03 pm, in reply to "Re: license plates"

Thats correct, first report it to the DMV office in La Huerta and ask for a permit to drive the car in Mexico, then to the DMV in California. Be sure to tell them they were stolen in Mexico so they will get them into the computers at the border.

I believe you can also request a temp permit to re-enter the US, its basically a moving permit. They may re issue plates for you too.

You may have to go to the office in Manzanillo to take care of your sticker relationship with your license plate, although the VIN number is on the permit if I remember correctly.

The DMV office is right on the corner of the block where you pay taxes and the cashiers office.

Good luck

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.

Be sure to visit