La Message Board Archives

Re: Clay County South Dakota vehicle registration for vehicles in Mexico

Posted by david clarke on December 17, 2009, 2:19 pm, in reply to "Re: Clay County South Dakota vehicle registration for vehicles in Mexico"


I just got off the phone with the Clay County South Dakota Treasurers office. I got the info on getting your vehicle licensed there without having residency.

Go to their website, just search on clay county s d. and go to forms link and print out form 608. Complete this form starting at section 3 and mail it with your original title, a copy of your ss card number, a copy of drivers license and a check for $48.75 amn. Also, give them an address where they can deliver the approved registration and plates in the states.

She suggested using Federal Express or DHL to mail for speed and security reasons.

So for those of you with expired registrations on your vehicle because you have it on your FM3 visa you now have an avenue to get new plates so you can drive back into the states legally.

But keep your old plates on until you get to the border because they may check at the border with the plates on your FM3 visa.

After that if you want to renew the registration you can do it via the internet or just call them.

The phone # there is 605-677-7123 and it is warm there today, 30 degrees F. ha!!


Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.

Be sure to visit