La Message Board Archives

Scorpion for Christmas

Posted by David on December 25, 2009, 12:11 pm

I got stung by a scorpion last night for the first time. Within a half hour, my feet and hands got the "pins and needles" feeling, and my mouth and tongue also became weirdly tingly, with a sour/ bitter taste. I took a couple tablespoons of benadryl, as I had seen recommended.

Here it is, some 12 hours later, and I still have the numb/pins and needles feet and hands, and the tingly tongue with the sour taste. The foot that got stung is almost completely numb.

How long do the symptoms last? Any tips on getting rid of the poison? Drink Lots of water or tea?

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.

Be sure to visit