La Message Board Archives

Re: Selling a Vehicle

Posted by Don Binkley on April 7, 2010, 10:27 am, in reply to "Re: Selling a Vehicle"

Yes the vehicle according to a 2008 law must be exactly 10 years old. If older then Mexico doesn't want another 11 year old polluter in their country. I heard somewhere that lite trucks are the exception cause the farmers need them. So Greg may luck out both ways.
The big problem is that if they brought the truck down 10 years ago and left it in Mexico while driving back and forth to the states in say a car registered to the computer (Banjercito) data base still has the truck entered in 2000 boy big trouble...this happened to me at Nogales and they would not let me enter Mexico in another car until I had the Banjercito remove the sticker and remove my old truck from their data base.
Greg you gotta drive your truck to the border, get a new import $27 for that and then get your truck registered in Mexico, I think Mike Barbee said about $800 for that. Then you can sell it. Hope you have your import permit up to-date, I have always had to renew mine every 6 months at the border. The fines can be as high as $2.00 per day over the expiration date.


Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit