Re: What are my options . . . .
Posted by deanna on May 3, 2010, 12:23 pm, in reply to "What are my options . . . ."
Here's what I'd do if I had to drive north right |
1. Wouldn't wash my car for at least a week (two
days here would probably do it).
2. Would fill up with gas before I stopped each night, not as I started out each morning.
3. Cross at one of the major crossing; Nogales, Laredo, etc.
4. Wouldn't start out early in the morning,
but would wait until traffic on the cuota was fairly heavy - lots of local traffic and semi's for example.
5. Dial 066 on my cell phone (everyone who drives in Mexico should have a Mexican cell phone - charged up and with lots of minutes every time they get in their car) - if I even suspected
that I'd been targeted. Watch for mile markers
along the way so you can supply an approx. location.
None of these things would guarantee a safe trip,
but if you have to drive they might help.
|By posting, you confirm that you have read and |
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info