La Message Board Archives

Re: legalization of non-mexican plated vehicles ONAPPAFA

Posted by jonp on February 4, 2011, 11:19 pm, in reply to " legalization of non-mexican plated vehicles ONAPPAFA"

This isn't a Federal program. Auto registration in Mexico is by state. Jalisco has an on-again off-again program to legalize out-of-country plates for cars that are 10 years old, not more, not less. If your car is exactly 10 years old and they open up the option again, then you can do it. It isn't cheap and is usually not worth the effort. Also,the car has to have been manufactured in a NAFTA country, so forget it if your car was made elsewhere. Caveat emptor with anyone offering their services to assist you in this process. You are likely to waste your time if you are lucky enough to keep from getting ripped off. If you can pull it off, you will be rewarded with higher insurance costs, but your vehicle will be legally registered in Jalisco, with Jalisco license plates.

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit