La Message Board Archives

Alternate term

Posted by Jo Anna on April 30, 2011, 6:11 pm, in reply to "Re: Origin of the word "Gringo""

I call citizens of the United States of America USAs (pronounced You-Saws) to distinguish them from Mexican Americans, Canadian Americans, Brazilian Americans, etcetera. Hmm, doesn't seem to have caught on . . . yet. :o)

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit