La Message Board Archives

Re: Disability Claim for US Citizen

Posted by jonp on July 18, 2011, 11:04 pm, in reply to "Disability Claim for US Citizen"

According to many disability recipients, the most helpful people are the US Government beaurocrats. Try calling the US Consulate in Guadalajara. They have a toll free 01-800 number (dialing from within Mexico). I'm sorry that I don't have it handy here, since I left it in La Manz. But call them to ask for it and the phone bill will be free thereafter. The main number is Tel: (01-33) 3268-2100. As an example of the helpfulness from the consulate, when I applied for Social Security payments, the lady asked me all sorts of questions about my wife. She thinks that she can get us an extra few hundred dollars a month that we didn't know about based on that information. Good luck!

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit