Re: PETITION for FOOD TREES
Posted by Carol Lopez on November 28, 2012, 8:09 pm, in reply to "Re: PETITION for FOOD TREES"
Some friends and I began a list to answer your question, Jean, and it might be interesting to see how many more reasons there could be to plant a tree, a bush or anything that grows: |
Here's our list; who can add to it?
WHY PLANT ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF "YOUR" YARD?
- to alleviate erosion
- in preparation for earthquake or other disasters
- for the health of human beings (an alternative to the junk food that is so cheap and easy to find)
- to feed birds and other wildlife
- growing more plants promotes more rainfall and a healthier ecosystem - even a more moderate climate
- beauty (unless you prefer a dusty, dry place with lots of poured concrete everywhere?)
Throw all your papaya seeds out on the street - it is so thrilling to come back six months later and find an 8 foot plant with fruit ready to pick (and they tell me the fruit is sweeter if it is not watered very much - so what do you have to lose?)
|By posting, you confirm that you have read and |
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info