La Message Board Archives

Rainy weather

Posted by Bret B on December 29, 2013, 10:03 am

More rain again last night! My spiffy new jelly jar measured 0.75" for the 24 hrs ending this morning, and yesterday morning's accumulation was 0.8", and the day before was 1-2" (I'm calling it 1.5") So that's 3.05" since this weather pattern developed.

The influx of Pacific moisture continues to be dragged over us by a persistent branch of the jet stream, and might keep going for a few more days. The Weather Underground for Barra de Navidad ( ) predicts 20% chance of rain today, 80% tomorrow (Monday), and 80% for Tuesday.

Here's a graphical computer model showing the predicted 24-hr rainfall totals for the next 7 days: . You can see the rain over us stops by about Jan 2 (Wed.)

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit