La Message Board Archives

No More FM 2

Posted by Dean & Judy on January 3, 2014, 2:56 pm

I went to the Mexican consulate yesterday for paperwork for Visa and now two options are available instead of FM 2!

1. Visa for temporary residents without authorization for lucrative activities. In Mexico for more than 180 days and less than four years Requires 12 months of employment or pension pay stubs with proof of $1950.00 monthly income. SSI accepted

2. Visa for permanent residents.
Live in Mexico indefinitely.
You don't have work authorization. Proof of $2381.00 monthly income. SSI accepted

Other financial requirements apply if these
cannot be met!

PS. This may be old news, I just wanted to share.


By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit