La Manzanilla.info Message Board Archives
Re: birding hotspot
Posted by Ron Goodspeed on January 12, 2014, 6:18 pm, in reply to "Re: birding hotspot"
Every morning around 7-7:30 a large number of yellow winged caciques make their way from North to South. They fly in groups of 50 or so birds, from primavera to primavera. The always stop at the two trees opposite the Galleria, before heading up and over the Condo Hill. They fly a corridor thru the backyards of Maria Elba and Playa Roxanna and I enjoy the rush of their wings and bright yellow on black foliage. They return North in small groups late in the afternoon, perhaps to roost in the mangroves. Up on Rafino Tamayo would be an exciting view as the groups funnel between the condos.
- birding hotspot - casadospericos January 10, 2014, 4:40 pm
- Re: birding hotspot - pat behe January 11, 2014, 12:48 pm
- Re: birding hotspot - pat behe January 12, 2014, 3:33 pm
- Re: birding hotspot - mayama January 12, 2014, 4:45 pm
- Re: birding hotspot - Ron Goodspeed January 12, 2014, 6:18 pm
- Re: birding hotspot - pat behe January 13, 2014, 8:43 pm
- Birding hotspot - pat behe January 13, 2014, 8:47 pm
- Re: birding hotspot - pat behe January 13, 2014, 9:00 pm
- Re: birding hotspot - Jeanne Charles January 13, 2014, 11:09 am
|By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.|
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info