La Message Board Archives

Re: Immigration info

Posted by jonathan on January 19, 2014, 11:11 pm, in reply to "Immigration info"

Location aside, what you need to show to INM depends on your current visa status. If you have an FM2 with a 3 on the back (number of years you have had an FM2) then you just need to wait until 30 days before the visa expires and go to INM to request a Residente Permanente card. 3 pics front and 2 right side plus original passport plus copy of passport foto page and your original FM2 will do the trick. If you do this on the INM schedule for renewal of your FM2, no financial information is required. If you were to be in the same situation but file for Residente Permanente, say, a month earlier, you would have to show your financials. So if you are in this situation, WAIT!!! to file. I did and I'm scheduled to pick up my tarjeta del Residente Permanente next Friday in Chapala. I have shown them no financials for the first time in over 8 years.

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit