La Message Board Archives

10 year certificate on RV or trailer

Posted by david clarke on July 26, 2010, 10:53 am


I am considering bringing in an RV and maybe a trailer to Mexico in the fall.

I have an FM-3 visa with a truck in Mexico on it already.

My understanding is that I can legally get a 10 year certificate for both the RV and trailer at the border even though I have a vehicle on my visa.

The logic being that the RV and trailer would not be placed on my FM-3 but would be separate on the certificates. I am aware that both have to be in the same person's name.

I am looking for input on this issue because I do not want to get to the border and not be able to enter Mexico because of the truck on my FM-3 visa.

Is it possible to enter with a tourist visa and not show my FM-3?

My FM-3 and truck have been in the computer since 2006.

Thanks for your input.


Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit