Mark your calendars for the La Manzanilla Writer's Group!
We will meet on Saturdays beginning Saturday, Nov. 7, from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Hopefully we will meet at Martinís restaurant again this year. (Does anyone have a current phone #?). I will post the meeting place once it is confirmed.
I will lead the group in Nov. & Dec.; then Julie Catton will take over.
- All genres and levels are welcome.
- The small group atmosphere is warm and supportive, designed to encourage and inspire as well as to provide concrete help.
- If you would like feedback about a piece you have written, come prepared to read it aloud to the group. Or bring a copy and someone else will read it aloud for you.
- If you would like hands-on editing help, bring several copies. Participants can share, so 3-4 printed copies is usually sufficient.
- Those who would like feedback about a piece, help with a title or plot point, suggestions for finding a publisher, ideas for overcoming writer's block, etc., will have 10-15 minutes to read or present their issue. The time allotted depends on the number of people who want to present.
- No one is required to read or give feedback. Simply listening is a good way to learn.
- This is an open group - drop-ins are welcome.
- It would help if those who are eating would arrive a few minutes early to place their order.
- The group is free, but please tip the waitstaff even if you don't order food or a beverage.
I have personally learned everything I know about writing from writerís groups; the help I received in the La Manzanilla group last year was invaluable. I look forward to seeing everyone soon!
« Back to index | View thread »