Results Of La Catalina Foundation Scholarship Student Art Show
Posted by Ron Stock on February 23, 2018, 8:35 am
Well, our turnout wasn't quite as high this year as last, but still, it was a very good show. Our 18 students, getting 70% of sales, sold 35 pieces of fine art and shared 8,800 pesos between them. The remaining 30%, after expenses and a gift (a framed watercolor painting) to our exceptional translator, Maria, was split between The La Catalina Foundation and The Dave Sullins Memorial Art Fund. |
Next year I'm thinking we might make "Recycled Bogie Board Animalitos" out of an old Bogie Board I pulled out of a trash can. This would be the first time these kids would be working on a project with complete negative space, in that they would be removing material instead of constructing material.
A reminder: "A Night Under The Stars" is Saturday, the 24th.