La Message Board Archives

Re: Dogs Poisoned update info

Posted by rustyandjulie on December 21, 2009, 9:26 am, in reply to "Dogs Poisoned"

I read on the internet that symptoms of antifreeze poisoning starts with the animal appearing to be drunk. The animal will recover after several hours and you think the worse is over. Soon diarrhea and rapid breathing along with other problems begin.
The Ethylene glycol(a type of alcohol) in the antifreeze slowly destroys the kidneys and liver. The fastest antidote, if a Vet is not around, is giving the animal Vodka or other drinking alcohol (don't ask me why it just works). Cats are way more susceptible than dogs and it takes very little antifreeze to kill.
It's sweet not salty as I first wrote.

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.

Be sure to visit