La Message Board Archives

Re: cars in Mex?

Posted by silver on April 24, 2009, 8:26 pm, in reply to "cars in Mex?"

Hi Anne, If you are planning on living full time in Mexico, I think you should get a car here. You will need to apply for a fm3 or fm2 to be here year round... a car with US plates can only be driven by yourself and family members... a car with mexico plates can be driven by anyone... do you have a mover to get your things down here? If so, then probably the best bet is to get a car here... altho I am sure others will have other opinions... its a complex issue for sure, and if you do buy an older carin the states make sure it doesn't have the letter J on the registration number as that means it was made in Japan and, according to the NAFTA rules, no Japanese cars can be regularized in Mexico.. good luck with your research and welcome to LM>. Silver

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit