La Message Board Archives

Re: cars in Mex?

Posted by rudy on April 26, 2009, 9:35 am, in reply to "cars in Mex?"

Anne---Where are you residing right now? It is true that to regester a car here, it must be 10 years old. Right now---you can regester a 1999 car--and after November, you can bring in a 2000 yr model. And---true---no vin number starting with a J are allowed! Also--expect t0 pay around $650 t0 $700 at the border for the legalazation of said vehicle. Then once you get here (Mexico) you have to get regesterd here--smog, plates etc; And even at that--I believe that you have to be a Mexican citizen--I could be wrong about that---since the 3 vehicles that I have brought down here have been regestered to family members living here in the country. If you need more info--feel free to e-mail me, and My wife and I will be happy to help. Welcome to La Manz!!

Message Thread:

By posting, you confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the board's usage terms.


Be sure to visit